The Englehart and Area Community Arena Complex
Located at 80 Seventh Avenue (next to Englehart high School and the Englehart Curling Club), this facility makes an important contribution to improving the quality of life in Englehart and the surrounding areas. Newly renovated, it houses numerous services including an 85’x 185’ recreation size ice rink as well as a banquet hall and boardroom that can be booked for a rental fee through the Town Hall or Arena Complex office.
The Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario each committed up to $887,301 to the project. The Town of Englehart and many partners committed the balance of the project’s total eligible cost of $4,818,516.
- Schedules and fees can be found on our Upcoming Events page.
The Walking Track
With new lighting, and following the perimeter of the ice rink, the walking track is free for public use year-round.
The starting point is now out in the rink area, next to the Ice Resurfacer Room. There are light switches for each side of the rink. Don't forget to turn them off after! :)
The Marty Callaghan Fitness Room
24 hour access with membership and access key
Images below enlarge in a slideshow when selected
Memberships are available for purchase at the Englehart Community Arena Complex & the Town Hall.
Members between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age must have written consent and be accompanied by a parent or guardian while attending and using the facilities.
Access keys require a $25.00 key deposit (per key). One key per person. Keys per individual only. Deposit refundable with key return.
To inquire about available ice time, additional ice rental fees and further information please visit our Business Directory or call the Arena Complex Office 705-544-1952.
Hours of Operation
- Office Hours (Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- The Marty Callaghan Multipurpose Room (24-hours/day, 365 days/year)
- The Walking Track (Open 8:00am - 10:00pm)
- December 24 - Christmas Eve (Open 8:00-Noon)
- December 31 - New Years' Eve (Open 8:00-Noon)
The Arena is closed on the following Holidays
- November 11 - Remembrance Day
- December 25 - Christmas Day
- December 26 - Boxing Day
- January 1 - New Years' Day
- February 15 - Family Day
- Employment Opportunities
- Town Hall
- No. 701 Steam Engine
- Historical Museum
- Kap-Kig-Iwan Park
- Englehart Fall Fair
- Festival of Flowers
- Fishing & Hunting
- Hill's Lake Fish Culture Station
- Hilliardton Marsh Research & Education Centre
- Larder River
- Rod Inglis Memorial Steam & Antique Show
- Stan Martin Memorial Mud Bog Truck & ATV Competition
- Temiskaming Drag 'N' Fly Summer Classic
- Winter Fun
- Town Facts
- Business & Community Directory
- Recreation Services & Facilities
- Englehart Chamber of Commerce
- Service Clubs
- Cemetery and Funeral Services
- Child Care Services
- Englehart Public Library
- Health, Wellness and Support
- Emergency Response
- North View Nursing Home Family Council
- Places of Worship